Friday, September 9, 2011

"Indicate your preferences.."

Since my last post, I've attempted to get more information from Kaiser regarding the time between the orientation and the classes. Last week, Friday, I received a call from a "Ruby" in the health education department. Unfortunately, she did not call my cell phone and when I returned the call 5 minutes later, she "wasn't available". I spoke with a woman who told me not to quote her, but the call may have been about getting me into the class beginning on 09/30, but I would have to wait to talk with Ruby.. which was not until Tuesday thanks to the holiday weekend.

Tuesday came, Ruby called, and gave me nothing. I felt like I was speaking to a telemarketer reading prompts from a sheet of paper posted in front of her face. I explained my situation, and she continued to repeat her bit about "indicating my preferences and availability on the form I receive at orientation and then I will be scheduled for the classes". I quote this because she said it at least 6 times. I understand it's first come, first serve, I understand I need to attend the orientation in order to be scheduled for classes, and that it's based on availability... but I just wanted a little more information to help me decide if I would be flying out for orientation and coming back to Texas in between then and my classes, or if I would be driving out for the long haul. I knew this would be difficult, but I was hoping someone could help me make what was already a pain in the ass a little less painful!!

The next day I decided to give it another shot, and I called Member Services and spoke with a woman names Hailey, who was so helpful and friendly.  I explained my situation and she called the health education department while I was waiting on the line and spoke with a Debbie, who told her there is a class starting on the 30th. Not only that, but that it's a "mega" class, double occupancy, and is only 50% full right now. She said there is a high chance I will get into that class. Worse case, and I don't get into that one, there are a few starting in October as well. Now why couldn't I have received that information in the beginning?!

 So, here's where I stand:
My tires will hit the road headed for California on Monday. My orientation is 09/16. Cross my fingers, I'll be in class on 09/30..(you can cross your fingers, too! ;] )

0 comments: