Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's Officially Official!!

So, the big news we've all been waiting for!! Well, the big news I've been waiting for at least...

I got a date!!

On May 4th, I met with my surgeon, Dr. Fedorka (Kaiser, Fontana). He went over the basics, asked about my medical history (kind of verification/review of the things I've already gone over with the Bariatrician), informed me of the risks, and answered any questions I had.  He seemed pretty short, but not rude, just efficient. He informed me of circumstances that may arise which would cause him to cut a patient open versus the laproscopic approach- knicking an organ and needing to repair it, or lots of scar tissue (never had surgery, so that's not a problem for me). The leak test will be done while I am under, which is great because that means I don't have to worry about the supposedly nasty barium swallow afterwards. 

His recommendation for success: just stay the course, follow the rules, exercise, and you'll do fine. 

My surgery will take place on... *drumroll please*... 

June 4th! 

For those that know me, I have this "thing" with even numbers, so 04-06-12 is pretty much perfect for me, haha. 

My pre-op testing will be done on May 22nd. If my surgery date were one day sooner I would have been able to get the pre-op testing done the same day as my consultation, but it's 31 days out (pre-op testing is only good for 30 days out). 

So... T-minus 23 days and counting! 


0 comments: