Monday, April 9, 2012

Quick Update: 5 Day Pouch Test

Just a quick update! I started my own youtube channel for video updates on my journey! Took awhile for me to get around to doing (needed to build up a little courage maybe?), but I'm glad I've started! I'm pretty surprised at the number of views I've got on my first video already- 150 in 5 days! How awesome! I'm thankful for the support and comments I've been receiving about my channel/journey, as well. I just posted my second video today, check it out!



Today is day 5 of the 5 Day Pouch Test for me. I started it to kind of "reset" and kick my carb dependency. I feel really good so far! As long as I don't let myself get hungry, I'm just fine and don't feel deprived. A couple times I've let myself get very hungry, and that's difficult to come back from. I am proud of myself, because I did very well, and stayed on course the entire time. That's right, I didn't even cheat once! Go me! I'll probably do this once more before meeting with the surgeon. Hopefully it will help me drop a couple pounds, and more importantly better prepare myself for after surgery.

 At this point, I'm still scheduled for May 4th with Dr. Fedorka (the surgeon). I've been calling regularly to see if there have been any cancellations, to no avail. Still hoping for a sooner date, but May 4th is still on my calendar!

0 comments: