Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Moving Right Along!

In my last post, I let you know I had two appointments scheduled: March 9th- Bariatrician, and March 26th- Therapist (Psych Eval). My appointment with the Bariatrician (a physician, trained in bariatric surgery), went great! I was very anxious, and even downright nervous, after hearing from my fellow classmate how her appointment had gone. I was expecting to be grilled, and lectured, and it was anything but. Dr. Murali was friendly, and informative, and I left the appointment feeling good. (If anyone wants a detailed version of my appointment, to know what to expect or otherwise, let me know and I will send it to you.)

Also, I am down another 2lbs! That puts me at a total of 12lbs lost since orientation, and 14lbs down from my highest weight.

My appointment with the Therapist, for my psych evaluation, was scheduled for March 26th. I checked in a few times to see if there had been any cancellations, but each time was told no. I'm glad I continued to check, because when I called in this morning I was told there was a cancellation on the 14th and 16th. Of course, I took the first available! I did, however, share the information with a support forum I've been active on, and was able to help someone who still had another month to wait get in sooner.

So, tomorrow (well, technically later today), I go in for my pysch evaluation. I thought I would feel nervous, but after how well the bariatrician appointment went, I'm feeling pretty confident. The only thing I can do it be honest! I'm looking forward to finally getting a date to meet with the surgeon after this. Then it's only a matter of time until I have an official surgery date.
I found out a little more timeline information, as well. After my psych eval, the Therapist will send my file back to the Bariatrician, who will then send my referral to the surgeon. Within a week I should be scheduled with the surgeon, which is looking to be about a 6 week wait at this time. Then, I'll be scheduled for surgery.

Something Dr. Murali said that stuck with me, and I wanted to share:
The main reason people are overweight or unhealthy is because they don’t invest enough time in themselves. Meal planning takes time, exercising takes time. Many of the people that come through here are stretched too thin and are the go-to person for everyone else. That will need to change.

0 comments: